Who we are
Our website addresses are: https://lifefocusplanning.com and https://keepingcontrol-book.com.
Our additional websites include:
What personal data we collect and why we collect it
When visitors leave comments on the site we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
If you upload images to the website, you should avoid uploading images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) included. Visitors to the website can download and extract any location data from images on the website.
The types of personal information we collect includes:
- Information that you provide in connection with our estate planning, probate, and other legal services (or potential legal services), such as name, email address, postal address, phone number, and marriage and family data;
- Information that you provide in connection with the Firm’s marketing activities including events, client advisories, and estate planning workshops and seminars;
- Employment information that you provide in connection with the application process and potential employment opportunities at the Firm;
- Any other information you choose to provide.
If you leave a comment on our site you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
If you visit our login page, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
If you edit or publish an article, an additional cookie will be saved in your browser. This cookie includes no personal data and simply indicates the post ID of the article you just edited. It expires after 1 day.
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
Firm’s Use of Information Collected
The personal information we collect may be used:
- To operate and improve our website;
- To respond to your questions, comments and requests;
- To provide the information, estate planning services, or other legal services you request and send you related information;
- To send you advisories, alerts, and updates;
- To communicate with you about estate planning and our other legal services, programming and events, and other information we think will be of interest to you;
- To review job applicants and make employee hiring decisions;
- To monitor and analyze usage, trends, and activities related to our Website;
- To notify users about any changes to our website.
- To fulfill or meet the reason you provided the information. For example, if you share personal information when you apply for a position at Firm, we will use that personal information to complete the application process and follow up with you regarding the status of your application or scheduling an interview. We may also save your information for these purposes.
- To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection.
- To respond to requests from law enforcement and as required by applicable law, court order, or governmental regulations.
- In any other way the Firm may describe when you provide the information.
Who we share your data with
We may share your personal information in the following instances:
- with service providers, and other third parties we use to support our business as needed for them to provide us with services that help us with our business activities and promote our estate planning, probate, and other legal services to you;
- if we believe sharing is necessary to protect our rights, preserve safety, investigate fraud or other wrongdoing;
- when required by law, which includes complying with any court order, law, or legal process, including responding to a government or regulatory request;
- with Software/IT service providers we use to support our business and who are bound by contractual obligations to keep personal information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them;
- in connection with the sale, transfer or financing of Firm’s business or its assets;
- to enforce or apply our agreements, including for billing or collection purposes; and
- for any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
Apart from the categories and purposes listed above, the Firm will not share your personal information with other third parties for their independent use without your permission.
How long we retain your data
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognize and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
For users that register on our website (if any), we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
What rights you have over your data
If you have an account on this site, or have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
Where we send your data
Visitor comments may be checked through an automated spam detection service.
How we protect your data
Our websites may contain links to other websites. The Firm assumes no responsibility for, the content, privacy policies, or practices of any third-party websites. You expressly relieve the Firm from any and all liability arising from your use of any third-party website, or from the content of any third-party website.
Our websites do not target or knowingly collect any information from individuals under the age of 18.